- Reduced its Amazon spend by 11.9%
- Increased gross sales by 8.8%.
- Reshoevn8r’s ROAS on Amazon increased to 12x.
FINDING SOLE-ACE IN DATA BY QUANTIFYING THE HALO EFFECT
After migrating from Glew.io to Daasity, Reshoevn8r was able to centralize and analyze all its eCommerce data for the first time. Previously, the team could not consolidate its reporting on ads and sales performance across both Shopify and Amazon.
They knew there was overlapping spend across Facebook, Google, and Amazon ads—
and that Facebook and Google ads impacted their Amazon sales—but couldn’t quantify the impact (aka halo effect) as they were growing.
The lack of clarity led them to spend more on all channels.
But with Daasity’s analytics and visualizations, they could quantify their halo effect.
Reshoevn8r leveraged Daasity’s Premium Support and began using visualizations built by Kevin Duong, Sr. Manager of Merchant Success. The visualizations tied together daily Shopify + Amazon sales performance and Facebook, Google and Amazon ad spend.
With the visualizations, Reshoevn8r monitored how changing the Facebook and Google ad spend affected sales not only Shopify sales but Amazon sales as well.
The daily observations led to a strategy-shifting unlock.
The team discovered that they could turn Amazon PPC spending down and still enjoy an incremental lift in Amazon sales from their Facebook and Google budgets:
In Q4 2021, Reshoevn8r reduced their Amazon spend by 11.9% and increased their gross sales by 8.8%.
Additionally, this spending optimization led to an improvement in ROAS from 9.7x to 12x (a 24% increase).
For all except the largest brands, the marketing halo effect has historically been too frustrating, expensive, and/or time-consuming to quantify.
But by anchoring the cross-channel impact with data, Reshoevn8r was able to:
- Drive more incremental sales by being more aggressive on their Facebook/Google spend.
- Save money after reducing their Amazon PPC budget.
- Have better predictability on their advertising budgets impact on sales.
- More accurately predict how much Amazon inventory they needed to maintain their Buy Box ranking by dynamically adjusting their Facebook/Google spend.
- Avoid Amazon fees/penalties due to overstocking or stockouts.
- Improve Shopify inventory forecasting by better predicting their Shopify sales.
DATA REPORTING AS SIMPLE AS TYING YOUR SHOES
Prior to migrating to Daasity, daily reporting wasn’t feasible for the Reshoevn8r team.
Like many other eCommerce brands without centralized data, they could not answer time-sensitive critical questions without having to spend hours digging through siloed data (or, in the case of more complex questions, weeks).
This not only stagnated progress for the brand, but broke down communication.
In short, they weren’t able to.
The speed to insight and accessibility of answers has bolstered communication, interest in data, and, in short, empowered Reshoevn8r with the confidence to become data-driven.