This playbook helps you identify and sync your returning HVCs using your marketing platforms, so you can easily send them messages to retain them as high value customers. You can identify who your returning HVCs are and analyze their purchasing behavior in the Daasity Retention dashboard. Want to learn about how to identify your HVCs? Click here.
To capitalize on the event of an HVC who was at risk of churning (or who had lapsed), this is the opportunity to better nurture customers to retain them. As these customers were High Value Customers, then didn’t purchase as frequently from your store, this playbook will guide you through how to retain these customers to extend their customer lifetime value with your brand.
How to Sync These Customers to Your Marketing Channels:
Part 1: Creating an Audiences Target
- In the Daasity app, click on New Target
- Click on Klaviyo or Attentive Events
- Under General, create a Name (to ID in Daasity app) and an Event Name (to ID in your Marketing platform).
- Select “Only update existing profiles.”
- Under Authorize Daasity, add your Private API Key/Log into your account.
- Under Audiences Source, make sure that the chosen source is Daasity Customer Segments. Then, choose the Return to High Value Customer Status report.
- Under Data Mapping sync the appropriate channel for each source:
- For Klaviyo type in (or select) $email for the customers.email field
- For Attentive type in (or select) $phone for the customers.phone field
- Next to CUSTOMER_SEGMENT, type in daasity_segment_returning_hvcs
- Under Schedule, select the frequency you want Daasity to update customer profiles (we recommend Daily).
Step 2: Create an Automation in your marketing channels called Reactivated HVCs
- In Klaviyo:
- Select Metric as a trigger
- “Properties About Someone”
- Select ‘equals’ daasity_segment_returning_hvcs.
- Pro-Tip: add a filter that removes the customer if they make a purchase during the flow. This way you won’t make any additional offers for the Reactivated HVCs who convert from your efforts.
- In Attentive:
- Create a new Journey and select Custom Journey.
- Select Returning HVCs as the Journey Trigger and select “Send a Message about something else.”
- This message doesn’t qualify as transactional and will not need to be approved.
Step 3: Build your flow to nurture these Reactivated High-Value Customers.
We recommend a multi-step flow here where a customer has multiple touch points showing how much you value them as a customer and displaying what’s new about your offering. These customers have high potential value for your brand.
- Brands will welcome HVCs back, show off what’s new with the brand and remind customers of the benefits of being a “VIP” customer. Also present an incentive to make another purchase to build momentum to increase purchasing frequency.
- In email this is typically a 2-4 step flow. Coordinate 1-2 messages in SMS that work well with the emails you send. If you have limited bandwidth, build at least one message in each channel welcoming these customers to becoming a VIP and letting them know what to expect from being a High Value Customer.
- The key is to make these customers feel valued and stakeholders in your brand.
Step 4 (Optional): Build a Segment to target Returning HVCs in Campaigns.
- In Klaviyo:
- Select the Trigger option and set the filter to “Properties About Someone”
- Select ‘equals’ daasity_segment_returning_hvcs
- Pro Tip: Always add filters for suppressed emails in your segments.
- In Attentive:
- Create a new Dynamic Segment
- Select the Trigger option A subscriber’s activity
- Select ‘equals’ Returning HVCs
The Final Huddle:
- Every time a customer returns as an HVC they are automatically added to the flow and receive a welcome across channels.
- Automatically nurture as many HVCs as possible.
- There’s an always up-to-date segment identifying HVCs to target in Campaigns as well.