This playbook helps you identify and sync your Lapsed HVCs using your marketing platforms, so you can easily send them messages and win them back as customers. You can identify who your HVCs are and analyze their purchasing behavior in the Daasity Retention dashboard. Want to learn about how to identify your HVCs? Click here.
After building such a strong relationship with your High Value Customers (HVCs), it’s very costly to lose them. Once a customer passes the lapse point (typically, ~1 year without a purchase) they’re highly unlikely to return to buy from your store again. =
This is a profit killer since these high-value, frequently-returning customers are your most profitable and loyal customers. They account for a disproportionate amount of your profits. The key to long-term profitability is motivating these customers to buy again and recover as many HVCs as possible.
How to Sync These Customers to Your Marketing Channels:
Part 1: Creating an Audiences Target
- In the Daasity app, click on New Target
- Click on Klaviyo or Attentive Events
- Under General, create a Name (to ID in Daasity app) and an Event Name (to ID in your Marketing platform).
- Select “Only update existing profiles.
- Under Authorize Daasity, add your Private API Key/Log into your account.
- Under Audiences Source, make sure that the chosen source is Daasity Customer Segments. Then, choose the New Lapsed High-Value/Multi-Buyer Customer report.
- Under Data Mapping sync the appropriate channel for each source:
- For Klaviyo, type in (or select) $email for the customers.email field
- For Attentive, type in (or select) $phone for the customers.phone field
- Next to CUSTOMER_SEGMENT, type in daasity_segment_lapsed_hvc
- Under Schedule, select the frequency you want Daasity to update customer profiles (we recommend Daily).
Part 2: Create an Automation in your Marketing channels called Lapsed HVC Winback
- In Klaviyo:
- Select Metric as a trigger
- “Properties About Someone”
- Select ‘equals’ daasity_segment_lapsed_hvcs.
- Pro-Tip: add a filter that removes the customer if they make a purchase during the flow. This way you won’t make any additional offers for the HVCs who convert from your efforts.
- In Attentive:
- Create a new Journey and select Custom Journey.
- Select Lapsed HVC as the journey trigger and select Send a Message about something else. Note: This message doesn’t qualify as transactional and will not need to be approved.
Part 3: Build your flow to win these customers back.
We recommend a multi-step flow here where a customer has multiple touchpoints and reminders to return and make a purchase from your company.
- Typically, brands will lead by asking for feedback from the customer and routing them to a short survey asking for feedback on what they want to see.
- In email, this is typically a 3-5 step flow. Coordinate 1-2 messages in SMS that work well with the emails you send.
- If you have limited bandwidth, build at least one message in each channel offering an incentive for customers to make a purchase.
- The key is to target these customers with incentives to motivate them to buy. Don’t hold back on offers; this is truly your last chance. If they don’t purchase after this flow, they are basically gone.
Part 4 (Optional): Building a Segment to target Lapsed HVCs in Campaigns
- In Klaviyo:
- Select the Trigger option and set the filter to “Properties About Someone”
- Select ‘equals’ daasity_segment_lapsed_hvcs
- Pro Tip: Always add filters for suppressed emails in your segments.
- In Attentive:
- Create a new Dynamic segment
- Select the Trigger option A subscriber’s activity
- Select "equals" Lapsed HVCs
The Final Huddle:
- Every time an HVC becomes a Lapsed HVC, they are automatically added to the flow and receive the winback across channels.
- Automatically retain as many HVCs as possible.
- There’s an always up-to-date segment identifying which Lapsed HVCs to target in Campaigns, too.