Daasity has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with a background in application services development to work on our innovative reporting and analytics product suite. Daasity is the first and only company to design a proprietary platform specifically for direct-to-consumer (D2C) e-commerce companies that makes business-critical data accessible and usable for strategic decision-making.
We work with a number of high-growth clients in evolving industries making for an exciting, challenging work environment where problem solvers thrive. We are creating the tools and providing the insights our clients need to succeed, working as integrated partners in driving their growth and profitability.
Fun fact: We were chosen as a 2019 & 2020 Cool Company by San Diego Venture Group!
We're a San Diego based business, but our engineering team is located in all corners of the world. We're a small, but agile, team looking to add more engineering members, within a few time zones of San Diego, to help with our ever growing list of features and integrations. Here's what we believe in:
- True work / life balance. "Startup hours" burn people out and cause them to be less efficient.
- The KISS principle. Keep things simple. Complexity increases bugs and makes code harder to test and understand.
- There isn't ONE right way to do TDD. Sometimes you write tests after implementation, sometimes before, but you always write them. Understanding when is the key.
- Communicate well and often.
- Learning is a lifelong adventure.
- Perform research, design, development and maintenance of web application written in Ruby, Rails, and SQL
- Design and development of the Web UI application within the Rails framework
- Work with stakeholders to provide estimates for development effort
- Actively participate in project design and planning meetings
- Solve business-critical problems using various tools (debugging, performance/benchmark testing, etc.), and build new tools (or on top of existing tools) when the need arises
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3 - 5 years of working experience with Ruby/Rails
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge / experience building RESTful APIs
- Strong working knowledge / experience building libraries that consume RESTful and SOAP APIs
- Strong background in writing software tests (Unit, Integration, Acceptance, etc.)
- Working knowledge / experience in SQL within one or more of the following databases/warehouses: Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake
- Some experience working with Docker
- Experience with the following tools used during development: Git, Github, Slack, Asana
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, such as AWS S3, AWS Redshift, AWS EC2, Heroku
- Computer science or software development degree or equivalent work experience
- Ruby on Rails platform application
- Ruby code for libraries - Ruby gems - and command line-like applications
- ERB Templating
- Bootstrap CSS Framework
- Location: Remote-First
- Reports to: CTO
- Job Type: Full Time (40-hour week)
- Salary/Wage: Commensurate with skills/experience
- Flexible Work Hours
- Unable to provide H-1B sponsorship at this time